We have our first SPYE rehearsal this Saturday (11th) at St. Andrew’s Church, Benton, NE12 8AW from 2.30 to 5.30pm. We aim to begin the rehearsals at 2:30, so please arrive in time to sign in and set up. A full list of rehearsal and concert dates are on the website: https://spye.co.uk/dates-2021-22/
If you have a young person who is new to SPYE or already part of SPYE and would like to continue, our Membership Form for this academic year can be downloaded from our website here: https://spye.co.uk/forms-and-admin/ Here, you can also find out Privacy Statement, in line with GDPR, and our COVID-19 Risk Assessment. We will have some hard copies of Membership Forms available at the rehearsal, but we would prefer an electronic copy to avoid unnecessary gatherings of people.
Please see our most recent email for details of this years fees and how to pay.
Practical information for rehearsals
Some things will be a little bit different to usual to ensure we are complying with guidance around minimising the risk of transmission of COVID. There are a few things to be aware of:
1. Parents/carers will not be allowed to enter the church. String Orchestra members will enter and leave the church via the door in the church car park. Symphony Orchestra members will enter and leave via the fire exit to the left of the main entrance to the church (please see photos below if unsure). If your child is visiting SPYE for the first time and is unsure which orchestra they will be joining, our committee and music directors will point you in the right direction.
2. Everyone will have to use hand sanitiser on arrival and when entering or leaving the hall; hand sanitiser will be provided.
3. As usual, all orchestra members will be required to sign in at the start of rehearsals and out at the end, and also if leaving the church during the break to go to the shop, for those with permission to do so.
4. We would strongly urge everyone to wear a face covering (except woodwind, when playing).
5. Everyone will need to bring their own music stand and pencil – musicians will be socially distanced so it won’t be possible to share music stands and we won’t have any available to borrow.
6. We won’t be operating the tuck shop so please bring your own drink/snack if required. We are looking into a viable way of reinstating the tuck shop in a COVID-safe manner in the future. Several orchestra members have indicated that they have a nut allergy or intolerance. With this in mind we have decided to make rehearsal ‘nut free’. Please do not bring any food containing nuts into rehearsals.
7. Those members who have consent to do so will be allowed to visit the local shop during the break.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
The SPYE Committee
The String Orchestra will enter the church via the door in the church car park:
The Symphony Orchestra will enter the church via the fire door to the left of the main entrance: