Please note, no nuts are allowed! All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) are provided by Kingswood. There is a separate dining room where we will all eat together (Kingswood is a nut-free zone). Please can you let us know of any dietary needs / allergies by Saturday 29th February 2020. We have details on the Membership forms, but wish to have these confirmed so that we can let Kingswood know before we arrive.
- One bath towel
- Toiletries bag containing: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, hairbrush etc. **roll-on deodorants only**
- Night clothes (and cuddly toy)
- Slippers or soft indoor shoes
- Socks and underwear
- T-shirts (at least one with long sleeves for the outside activities on Saturday afternoon), sweatshirt (one thick, one light)
- Trousers and / or jeans and / or tracksuit bottoms
- Old clothes for the Saturday afternoon outdoor activities
- Waterproof jacket
- Sturdy shoes or wellingtons
- Large plastic bag for dirty clothes
- Gloves, hat, scarf
- Water bottle
- Small card games to share
- Book to read
- Some money (no more than £10) for the shop. The shop sells snacks and drinks, as well as postcards, souvenirs, games and mementos.
- In case of lost property please put your child’s name on all items of clothing!
In addition to the items above:
- Everyone must bring their instrument, a labelled music stand, spare strings / reeds, a pencil and a rubber. Cellists MUST bring a spike protector.
- A mobile phone/device with head phones is allowed, but please do not bring radios etc. which will disturb others.
- No chewing gum, food, sweets, or canned drinks will be allowed during rehearsals (bring labelled water bottles).
The committee wishes to stress that members will not be allowed to smoke or drink alcohol at any time during the weekend.
The weekend is usually great fun and consists of music rehearsals on Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning. On Saturday afternoon there will be outdoor activities run by the Kingswood staff. There will be free time too in between rehearsals where the children can either chill in their rooms or use the outside space. The outside spaces have to be quiet by 9pm and everyone has to be in their own rooms by 10pm (Kingswood rules).
The committee or Kingswood cannot accept liability for the loss, theft or damage of any personal property your child may bring.
If you have any questions about the residential, please do get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to answer them.